Saturday, January 17, 2015

Thoughts on Startup.com

I personally enjoyed watching this documentary/movie. At times it seemed like it was a reality show because Kaleil and Tom would argue over their business ways until something was settled amongst the two. I think Kaleil was a real badass. He was really aggressive, motivated, and a great team leader. He knew what needed to be done to make money and run a business. Tom, on the other hand, I think was too soft at times. He really didn’t seem to value money as much as his friends and family. We got to see the kind of household he was raised in. He was a boys-scout type of person.

The one thing I really liked about the movie was the fact that Kaleil and Tom made it seem like the cameras weren’t present. It felt like you were actually next to them, like in the scene where the lawyer didn't show up for the meeting. You could, in a way, feel the intensity in the room at the moment.

I didn’t completely understand what happened towards the end of the documentary. I know they were having some technical issues with their website and some other things. I think they weren’t able to make it over that speed bump which pretty much destroyed their business. But they made a lot of money in the process and even had 233 employees at one point. They started the business off with only 8 employees.

Even though the business sort of failed I bet Kaleil and Tom experienced many new things that will stay with them forever. Other startup businesses consulted them because of their experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment