Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Elevator Pitch

On March 10, 2015, we did our elevator pitches in class. I was the first person to participate and I actually enjoyed doing my elevator pitch. I felt that I was ready to do it because I already had my business plan done. I felt comfortable with the questions that I was asked about my business. Some of the questions that were asked were about funding, expansion, and revenue.

The whole class had to present their elevator pitches as well. It was nice to hear what everyone decided to do as their business. It was also interesting to hear how they would go about creating their business and all the specifications. There were some business ideas that seemed similar yet they were unique. Some of the companies stated that they would make millions of dollars every year. My company only makes about $50,000 before expenses.  

The elevator pitches were a good experience for me. Before the class started, I was a bit nervous because I thought my hands would probably start shaking when I got in front of the class. But, that didn’t happen because I started remembering everything I wrote about my plan. I knew it well enough to the point where I could actually talk to anyone and explain what it’s about.

I am actually considering creating my business in real life. It will probably be in a few years because I feel that I need to gain more experience in my own career for now. I am also a little worried about the funding because to start my business, I need $163,000. I could possibly do a crowd funding and get most of the money. We’ll see what happens in a few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment